Ross Engineering has played a role in building Central Australia over 65 years.
Some of our more recent projects include:
- Stuart Highway Fence. An iconic Alice Springs landmark, An all steel structure, the fence has robust finishes and is withstanding the test of time. The fence received a commendation in The Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture - Award (NT) and the Australian Institute of Architects Award for Urban Design (NT)
- Alice Springs Aiport - steelwork for photovoltaic installation
- Alice Springs Hospital - new Emergency Department, install of complete HVAC and chilled water systems and associated metal work
- McArthur River Mine upgrade - provided fabricated steel for various upgrade projects
- Owen Springs Power Station - fabrication and erection of all structural steel for workshops, pump buildings and control/HV block. Also provided skilled staff necessary to construct all associated infrastructure, All structural steel and piping was blasted and painted by Ross Engineering's ProBlast division
- DAF tank works at the Alice Springs Waste Stabilisation Ponids - supplied and installed stainless steel flock tank
- Yulara Power Station - installation of 2MW and 1.2MW black start generators
- Katherine Power Station - relocation and installation of Titan Power Generator
- Generator installs for PowerWater remote operations at various communities
- Katherine - installation of chillers and chilled water reticulation at two primary schools
- Photovoltaic installation - DKA
- Balloon Launching Station - Alice Springs Airport. Facility for stratospheric balloon flights
Ross Engineering has been removing and installing bore pumpsets for PowerWater Corporation for many years. These bore pumpsets are the only source of water for Alice Springs. They range up to 275kw and are usually installed on a 200nb bore column to a depth of approximately 180 metres. This takes a crew of at least 8 personnel, one 50 ton crane, an electrical contractor and specialized lifting equipment developed by Ross Engineering, to complete the task. We also have installed smaller Grundfos pumpsets on Wellmaster hose to service outstations and in-town irrigation.
Stuart Highway Fence
The fence has become an iconic Alice Springs landmark, highlighting the route between the north and south. An all-steel structure, the fence is withstanding the test of time and has improved the outlook along the main thoroughfare by blocking the view of railway shunting yards.
Alice Springs Hospital Chiller Upgrade
Ross Engineering installed a new chiller and associated chilled water pipework and provided mechanical services for the project. The majority of our works included the installation and cladding of chilled pipework. Project completed: December 2012 Client: Lahey Constructions
Desert Knowledge Australia Photovoltaic Installation
The Desert Knowledge Australia Solar Centre (DKASC) is a demonstration facility for commercialised solar technologies. The site, operating in native arid bushland, introduces visitors to the science of solar technologies.
Katherine Power Station
Ross Engineering was responsible for the relocation and installation of a Titan Power Generator at the Katherine Power Station.
Owen Springs Power Station
Ross Engineering was responsible for the fabrication and erection of all structural steel of the Owen Springs Power station workshops, pump buildings and control/HV Block. Ross Engineering also provided the skilled staff necessary to construct all associated infrastructure. All structural steel and piping was blasted and painted by Ross Engineering's solely owned subsidiary, Pro Blast. Project completed: May 2011. Client: Power and Water Corporation